SPICY SHRIMP BURRITO BOWLS

Read...





Shrimp is one of my favorite proteins to eat, and I like cooking with it because of how fast it cooks. The actual base of this meal, the rice, is what takes the longest to cook. The salsa, and spicy shrimp only take a few minutes to throw together. I usually start my rice and then wait twenty minutes or so to start the salsa, and then cook the shrimp.That was my first experience with eating one and has given me tons of inspiration over the years of making my own at home. We usually do vegetarian burrito bowls, and often turn to them several times throughout the week. As much as I adore the vegetarian burrito bowls we make, and hope to share them with you soon, I am way more in love right now with these Spicy Shrimp Burrito Bowls.

SPICY SHRIMP BURRITO BOWLS

INGREDIENTS
Spicy Shrimp:

  • 2½ teaspoons chili powder
  • 2½ teaspoons cumin
  • ½ teaspoon garlic powder
  • ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1½ pounds raw shrimp, deveined & shelled

Corn Salsa:

  • 2 cups corn, (thawed if frozen)
  • ½ red onion, diced
  • 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 cup diced tomatoes (I used cherry)
  • 1 lime juiced
  • ½ teaspoon garlic powder

Cilantro Rice:

  • 4 cups, cooked rice
  • 2 limes, juiced
  • ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
  • 1 Tablespoon sugar
  • ½ teaspoon salt

Optional Toppings:

  • fresh cilantro, avocado, shredded cheese, sour cream, or hot sauce

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Cilantro Rice:
  2. Start by cooking the rice according to the package directions. Once the rice is done mix in the lime juice, sugar, cilantro, and salt.
  3. Corn Salsa:
  4. In a medium sized bowl mix the corn, black beans, red onion, tomatoes, lime juice and garlic powder.
  5. Spicy Shrimp:
  6. .....
  7. .....
  8. .....
  9. .....


Full Recipes twosisterskitchens.com