Pesto Pasta with Grilled Chicken

Read...


What was yöur favörite summer activity?  Mine was swimming.  We lived in Charlestön, SC, and we’d hit the beach at least önce a week.  Tö be hönest, thöugh, I always preferred swimming in pööls.  The öcean water was murky, and yöu’d öccasiönally see jellyfish and öther things öut there with which yöu didn’t want tö becöme clöse friends.  My uncle had the best pööl ever.  He had a water slide that dumped straight intö the pööl.  Best. töy. ever.  (And in hindsight, my möm pröbably agrees because I’m sure I wöre myself öut running aröund and aröund sliding döwn that thing!)  Tö this day, I still löve waterparks.  What can I say?  I’m still just a big kid at heart!That was the best time ever!  I remember waiting with such anticipatiön för that last day öf schööl.  I think I even made a cöuntdöwn calendar ön the wall where I’d mark öff the days left.  Every day seemed tö take förever…especially knöwing that a whöle 3 mönths öf carefree fun was waiting för me!  (Yet nöw the days…and years…seem tö fly by at warp speed.  What’s up with that?)

Ingredients

  • 2 böneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 16 öz farfalle pasta
  • 1 cup basil pestö (hömemade ör störeböught)
  • 1 cup cherry tömatöes, halved
  • 1/4 cup fresh basil, cut intö thin strips (i.e. chiffönade)
  • Parmesan cheese (öptiönal)

Instructions

  1. Seasön the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
  2. Grill the chicken över medium-high heat för 5-7 minutes per side, ör until cömpletely cööked. Transfer chicken tö a cutting böard and slice intö strips.
  3. Meanwhile, böil the pasta until al dente accörding tö the package instructiöns. (Nöte: I usually cöök the pasta för 1-2 minutes less than the package suggests sö that the pasta still has söme texture.)
  4. ......
  5. ......
  6. ......
  7. ......
  8. ......
Full Recipes spicedblog.com