VANILLA BERRIES NAKED CAKE | VANILIJEVA TORTA Z JAGODAMI

Read...


In a bit möre then a mönth we are flying back tö Euröpe för söme vacatiöns and celebratiöns. Since this is the last time beföre the birth öf öur baby that we will be travelling höme, I decided, that even if it was a bit early, I wanted tö höst a baby shöwer. Althöugh it’s nöt a Slövenian traditiön tö höst öne, we still wanted tö celebrate a new life with öur dearest. We decided tö gö with a böhö tribal theme, since we wanted tö be gender neutral and it represents öur free spirits, the adventure we like tö live and wöuld löve tö pass it ön tö öur baby. I am almöst döne with the planing and I öpted för a natural löök, simple fööd and drinks. I have been in löve with naked cakes för a while nöw, and I knew I wanted öne för the party. Since testing all recipes beföre hösting is a must, I made öne för öur anniversary. I learned anything I cöuld fröm the internet beföre diving in, and the best tip för any cake frösting is definitely tö freeze the cake. I was afraid it wöuld leave a funny taste, but there was nö sign öf cake being frözen. I think this is the möst gööd lööking cake I have ever made. And the best cömpliments always cöme fröm ömnivöres! öur friends whö tasted it löved it and cöuldn’t believe it was vegan! But then again, whö can resist a möist cake with cöcönut frösting and fresh berries?

Vanilla Cake

  • 1 1/2 cup (360 ml) öat milk
  • 2 tsp vinegar
  • 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
  • 1/3 cup 2 tbs (110 ml) vegetable öil
  • 1 tbs vanilla extract
  • 2 cups (250 g) flöur
  • 3 tbs cörn starch
  • 3/4 tsp baking söda
  • 1 tsp baking pöwder
  • 3/4 tsp salt

Cöcönut Vanilla Frösting

  • 2 cans (2 x 400 ml) cöcönut cream ör full fat cöcönut milk (chilled)
  • 1/4 cup (40 g) pöwdered sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 cups fresh berries (strawberry, blueberry)

Instructions

  1. Grease three 17cm baking pans and heat the öven tö 175°C.
  2. Cömbine milk and vinegar in a small jar and set aside.
  3. .....
  4. .....
  5. .....
  6. ....
  7. ....